Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get my new earphones to work on that came with my iPhone 5? They sound great, but I'm not able to control the sound volume. Anybody have this issue?

I don't know why, but my iPhone 5's earphone's volume control do not seem to be working. Anyone have an idea why?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 10:44 PM

Try This...

Close All Open Apps... Perform a Reset... Try again...

Reset ( No Data will be Lost )

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Release the Buttons.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

More Info Here > iPhone User Guide (For iOS 6 Software)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2012 10:44 PM in response to Rybatman

Try This...

Close All Open Apps... Perform a Reset... Try again...

Reset ( No Data will be Lost )

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Release the Buttons.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

More Info Here > iPhone User Guide (For iOS 6 Software)

Sep 23, 2012 1:03 PM in response to AnaMusic

I discovered that this wasn't the probelm. I tested my earphones from my iPhone 4s and they worked just fine, and then I tried my iPhone 5 earbuds again and I still didn't get the volume control to work on the remote. I finally pushed with much more force than usual, and then it would work once every 5 pushes. I'm guessing that this single set is defective. I'll see what I can do about getting a new set. Thank you!

Why can't I get my new earphones to work on that came with my iPhone 5? They sound great, but I'm not able to control the sound volume. Anybody have this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.