10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2013 3:28 AM by blackvectra
chaos737 Level 1 Level 1

unknown error 0xE8000084 while connecting iphone 4s to itunes to update to ios6

iPhone 4S
  • robsoule Level 1 Level 1

I'm not sure what causes this, but I usually disconnect the USB, power off, power back up and then reconnect.

• robsoule Level 1 Level 1

When I tried it this time, it didn't work.  What did is disconnect USB from iPhone, uninstalling the driver from Windows control panel and then re-connecting USB to iPhone.

• bird10001 Level 1 Level 1

this is just my fix, i am running wxp he sp3. i have updated my ios to 6 on my phone and to 10.7 in itunes, i have found that every time you reboot your computer that you have to stop and restart the apple mobile device and the ipod service under services in computer management also x out of itunes and replug your phone back in now itunes will open automaticly and find your phone. kind of a pain but until apple fixes it itl have to do.

• Vankey Level 1 Level 1

Thanks for the informations; but I had the problem with the old version of Itunes and IOS,...and I stil have the same problem;

I've bought a new computer yesterday : the first time, it founded my Iphone, but today : NOTHING!=(

I wonder if it's a problem coming from the Iphone ..?

• Anthony Mason Level 1 Level 1

Thanks Bird -- this services restart did the trick. Here's hoping we see a permanent fix soon.

• Pipotron3000 Level 1 Level 1

Thanks Bird !

The service trick works here (XP SP2).

• venez87 Level 1 Level 1

I actually had this problem while trying to connect my Itouch but the services tip helped with that issue as well. It is a pain because i have to do it every time but it is better than it not working

• mowliv Level 1 Level 1

Thanks, Bird! This works also on Windows 7 with same problem.

• dwestgate Level 1 Level 1

This actually worked for me with Windows 8. Needless to say, it's taken me a long time to find a solution, because I need to periodically remove my photos from the phone and archive them. Thanks so much for your solution!

• blackvectra Level 1 Level 1

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 8 and and Iphone 4 and none of the resolutions are working to fix my problem with (Itunes could not connect to this Iphone an unknown error OXE8000084. I could access no worries on old computer.  Also my Ipad wont even be regognised at all no error message.  Hope someone can help me fix this problem. Thanks