Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6 battery issue with iphone 4s

My Battery is getting low in drastically

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 11:55 PM

13 replies

Oct 8, 2012 1:01 AM in response to kbarot11

Good to see others have the same problem... I started with 65% this mornig at 7 am - now, after some whatsapp and aprox. 5(!) minutes of gaiming I'm down to 36% at 10 am... what's going on? 😮

Under iOS 5 I could use it more than a day including calls, whtasapp, safari, etc etc

I already used some tips&tricks, reseted the phone - nothing helped.

Have the 4S

I'm really a fan of Apple Products - but this aongoing battery issues with my iPhone are daisappointing me more and more... I do not want to turn of all the services that make the iPhone what it is - otherwise I could use my 6 year old HTC or something.... 😟

Oct 9, 2012 2:11 AM in response to kbarot11

solved!!!! ..as it seems until now.

I switched of Siri and Safari iCloud Syncing (Some reported a bug in there). Now everythings back to normal.

Think it's the Safari thing - but I had some Siri Crash Reports in the diagnose data - so since I don't use Siri very often - safety first 😉

Guys - try it - think it'll help almost all of you.

Oct 16, 2012 9:00 AM in response to kbarot11

I am experiencing the same issue since i updated to ios6, I don't use Siri or icloud. I had a 100% battery at 20:30 and at 21:28 it is 91%. In terms of phone usage I have attended a call and browsed for 5 min. Should i take my store to the Apple store? is their a possibility of them replacing the battery? Also how can one check the health of an battery?

Jan 2, 2013 8:25 AM in response to kbarot11

That's kind crazy i took off barely everything and for 10 sms i got 5 % drain of the battery. It makes me crazy. brand new iphone that comes with ios6. I Hope Apple will come with a solution. Now i got Siri down... Anybody have any suggestion about the drain battery or maybe Apple. I have another iphone 4S for the job and ios 5 everything is working fine .... Nice ios6 for the feature but for battery life it nothing working

IOS 6 battery issue with iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.