Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I seem to be unable to install itunes 10.7 due to my software (mac os x 10.5.8) being out of date

I seem to be unable to install itunes 10.7 due to my software (mac os x 10.5.8) being out of date. But for the life of me I have no idea how i go about finding the right update to get to 10.6! Software update shows no available updates and the internet is proving no help at all. So I'm stumped! Until I install the new itunes and the new software I am unable to use the iphone 5. Can someone advise me on what i need to do?

Any help appreciated!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 2:18 AM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2012 8:03 PM in response to Shornboy

You need OS X 10.6.8 to use the current iTunes, and 10.6 has to be purchased, it is not available through Software Update. The way to obtain it is to call your country Apple online store, which in the US is 800-MY-APPLE. Order 10.6 Snow Leopard from the legacy products list. When you get it, install it, then use Software Update to bring Snow Leopard to the latest 10.6.8 release. Then you can download iTunes.

OS X 10.6 has these requirements, which you should review.

I seem to be unable to install itunes 10.7 due to my software (mac os x 10.5.8) being out of date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.