Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen sharing not functioning (iMac 17" 2006, 10.7.5)

Hi everybody,

I have been running screen sharing to access my iMac (2006, runing OS X 10.7.5) from within my local network for a long time without any problems.

Since a month or so (no system update involved...), screen sharing storps working, and I have to physically access the iMac, turn off screen sharing in the "Sharing" system preferences, turn it on again and voila, screen sharing works again. But only until the computer turns to sleep, after that I have to repeat that timid procedure.

Notably, other sharing functionality, like file sharing, is not affeted and keep working flawlessly.

I would be grateful about any ideas,

thanks,

geb

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iMac 17" 2006

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:38 AM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2012 8:07 AM in response to gebseng

I have seen exactly this same issue since upgrading a Mac Mini I use as a household server to 10.7.5. In my case, the Mac Mini is set to never sleep; however, the display was set to sleep after a set time. I've found at least initially that setting the display to also never sleep seems to have cured the issue.

Given that the Mac Mini runs 24/7, setting everything to never sleep is not an issue for me. I can just turn off the attached monitor. Nevertheless, whilel that might be a possible workaround for some people, Apple needs to identify the underlying cause in 10.7.5 and fix it.

Rick

screen sharing not functioning (iMac 17" 2006, 10.7.5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.