Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 light bleed issue?

I received my iPhone 5 direct from Apple (UK) on Friday. Everything works fine but yesterday I suddenly noticed a very thin (1 - 2 mm) overly bright bit at the bottom of the screen (above the home button). It's virtually unnoticeable when using the iPhone in portrait orientation but when I turn it to landscape, it makes the edge of anything grey (the keyboard for example) look quite light at the edge.

What I find strange is I can't really see it on a fully bright black screen (the normal test for light bleed), however on normal brightness (always less than half/quarter), it is visible on greys and certain other colours.

Could this be light leakage or something else? I've looked at getting a Genius appointment at my local Apple store but they are fully booked food the next week at least!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:36 AM

9 replies

Oct 22, 2012 3:19 PM in response to Mike9586

Omg Im really upset by the iPhone 5 apple made it hurry. I have this issue too since today the light start leaking and if u put the brightness minimum it's evidently less, it's something wrong with a screen it's the hardware issue. Also my screen seems like as if it will fall off and makes pushing. I wanted take an appointment but all gone, it seems like each person who holds the iPhone 5 going to change that. Now I started hate iphone cos the phone lost quality and looks like cheaper Chinese one

Oct 22, 2012 5:17 PM in response to Mike9586

Add me to the list. Well my original 5 had the problem, got it replaced because of the wifi, my second had a great screen, even backlight, but a pushed-in camera. Got a replacement, has the same problem again. I'm in no hurry to get it replaced, but I will see about calling them the next chance I get. It really bugs me and I'm majorly OCD about these things. Good to know its not only me.

iPhone 5 light bleed issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.