Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View shared photo streams on Apple TV

I have an appletv but cannot see Shared Photo Streams that I am subscribed to. Is there a setting in the Apple TV itself or in the photo stream sharing that must be enabled in order to view the shared photos? How are they supposed to show up?

iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 5:25 AM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2012 9:27 AM in response to Bill Fant1

On this page

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

it says

Make your photos a big deal with Apple TV.

With Photo Stream and Apple TV, you can view your recent photos and Shared Photo Streams on your HDTV for some truly entertaining reality television.2 And the Photo Streams your friends and family share with you appear on your Apple TV automatically, so you can check out their latest pictures, view comments, and even “like” photos with a click of your Apple TV remote.

So unless the marketing team jumped ahead of the Apple TV dev team, I think it is supposed to be supported.

Sep 23, 2012 10:32 AM in response to Bill Fant1

I was curious about the photo ordering too. While trying to resolve this issue I signed out on the Apple TV, then back in and noticed my entire photo stream downloaded again with oldest date first. Prior to that it was newest first. It looks like it may be based on when groups of photos are added and then downloaded. No "photo stream" global ordering seems to be applied.

View shared photo streams on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.