Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes sharing

Hi there!

Does anyone know how can I share a note with another icloud account? Not via email or iMessage.

My wife and I would like to have access to the same note and make changes to it and then have it synced between our devices.

We each have our own icloud account.

Thanks,

Ionel

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 8:01 AM

Notes don't seem to be sharable. Perhaps in the next update or two they will be. Reminders used to be sharable until iOS 6 and then they are also not sharable. Users have indicated that reminder sharing is in the current beta, so perhaps notes sharing will eventually come.

6 replies

Aug 18, 2013 6:48 AM in response to Fred Ochs

Notes are shared and synced by imap mail servers. Any servers, not only icloud. You can create any mail account, say Yahoo. Add that account on your devices and turned notes on. Next time you go to notes app, when you click notes - you will see accounts. If you choose you can click yahoo and anyone who has that account setup will share notes with you. If you choose icloud or on my iphone/ipad you will either have those synced to your icloud account(synced over your own devices only) or just saved to that phone, without replication.

Usually people come back here and say it is too complicated, but so is the nature of anything with knowing how to use your phone/computer. You learn how or you lose your info, with every transfer from one device to another and iphone life span is not as long as computer's. Good luck.

Notes sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.