Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can the remote app control a ipad with a iphone?

hello,

i was wondering: can my ipad be controlled via a iphone or any other iDevice to play music?

i have a apple docking station for my iPad, which is connected to my audio system (so not connected to my pc or tv). and apparently, there is no ipad docking station which has a remote (i couldn't find one. but if there is, than skip that part, because i already bought the one without te remote 😐). so is there a way that i can play my music on the ipad, which i can control via my iphone or ipod touch?

any ideas?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6, iPhone iOS 6 with latest remote app

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:16 AM

17 replies

Apr 6, 2017 3:29 PM in response to IndoDragon

If you use Spotify, log in on your phone and iPad, hen you should be able to remotely control your music. I do it all the time when I have friends over.

I do wish that apple would allow a feature for mirroring devices, it could be controlled from my iPad or iPhone if they're both logged in with my same account. That would be nice and would solve a lot of problems. It would also open up these devices for many cool things.

Sep 23, 2012 7:40 AM in response to b j t

thanks for your fast reactions on my question

too bad that it is not possible to remote control your ipad via iphone. are you sure that there is no other way i can control my ipad (without buying a new dock)?

apple should really look into this thing, because a remote or a iphone as remote would be very handy.

if not, than thanks again

Sep 23, 2012 7:47 AM in response to IndoDragon

All of the research I did was in April, so there might be something else out in the market place that wasn't there in April, but as I said in the post I linked to:

"This is the ONLY product that that I could find that would / may allow you TO remotely control the iPad, NOT use your iPad as a remote ( 99.9% of answers were about using iPad AS a remote).

There are other wireless "presentation" remotes, but from what I could see they would ONLY work with a computer ( NOT iPad )."

I am not sure if this has changed or not, you would need to do a Google search.

Nov 18, 2012 1:15 PM in response to IndoDragon

Hi,

I may be way off the mark but if you want to controll a remote device you can always use something like logme in..or remote desktop..

As long as you install and allow the prog to run on the device you want to controll then you can do it from anywhere in the world, I think!!

Sp

PS, not sure but you can always look at the apps available for remote access for your devices..

Apr 27, 2013 7:20 AM in response to IndoDragon

This very moment, I am controlling my iPad 3's music from my iPhone 5 using the PodLink app:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/podlink/id347075206?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/podlink/id347075206?mt=8

This app has been around since 2009, and allows Playlist selection, but not individual songs...

Created by a University of Michigan programming course student, Tyler Pasche, it connects using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth...

Jul 22, 2015 7:45 AM in response to IndoDragon

To the apple people reading, please take this thread seriously.

Remotes for the iPad should be more than what they are. I and many others use my iPad almost like a primary portable television / music center (netflix, spotify, amazon prime, itunes movies, etc.) for a couple of rooms in my apartment, or when I am moving over to hang with friends. I should be able to have some kind of a remote that allows me to flip through apps, play movies, scroll through lists, etc.

These types of remotes, and even the apple remote are way too limited to be effective.

http://www.amazon.com/Satechi-MediaRemote-Bluetooth-Multi-Media-Control/dp/B0082 4948U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437575923&…

How about developing a better version of the apple remote, one that emulates touch and scrolls a yellow dot around the screen until something is clicked?

Thanks

Keywords: Remote for iPad that controls Netflix

can the remote app control a ipad with a iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.