Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not update shared calendars in 10.8.2? I could in 10.8.1.

My work colleague and I share a number of Calendars.

This has meant that I can add calendar events to his calendars he shares with me.

He can add calendar events to my calendars that I share with him.

A system we have been using for a number of years, and which has been working ever more sweetly since the arrival of iCloud.

We both upgraded to Mountain Lion when it was released. All continued to work perfectly.

Then this week I updated to 10.8.2.

To my horror, I can now only add Calendar events to Calendars that I originally generated. The facility to edit / generate events in someone's shared Calendar has been removed.

Why?

Am I missing something?

My colleague has yet to update to 10.8.2.

Could that be the problem?

Any help appreciated.

Is this a glitch that will be sorted? Or have Apple decided to restrict the options regarding shared Calendars.

If so, shame on them.

J

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 8:57 AM

I have shared calendars and can still add to or remove from them, so have to assume that the functionality did not alter.

4 replies

Sep 23, 2012 9:20 PM in response to jembunce

After two days of this issue, yesterday all of a sudden, without consciously doing anything, it suddenly resolved itself and I was again able to make and edit calendars shared with me. Worth noting, my colleague didn't have the same problem on his MBP which is still running 10.8.1. So clearly this wasn't a conflict between the two operating systems. I was able to create and edit on iPad and iPhone both running iOS6. So all sorted. Presumably a glitch. Thanks for your comments.

Why can I not update shared calendars in 10.8.2? I could in 10.8.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.