Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to post to facebook and twitter

I've updated to OS X 10.8.2 on 19th. I've logged into facebook via "System Preferences". My address book has also started synchronizing with my facebook account. I've even shared a few pages from Safari with the share button. And I've also update my Facebook status from the "Click to Post" button in the notificaton center. But from this morning I'm unable to post to facebook and twitter. The "Post to facebook" and "click to tweet" buttons are not working. Moreover the safari share button works fine with twitter and nothing happens when I try to share on Facebook. I cannot understand why things turned this way now. The last app I've installed is "OnyX for Mountain Lion".

One more thing! If I restore my Mac using the recovery tool, will the data in other Hard disk partiotions remain safe? Or is the data in all the partiotions deleted?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 10:01 AM

4 replies

Oct 3, 2012 11:40 AM in response to SrinivasNarne

I was very confused by this (as I was experiencing the same problem), then I reset my NVRAM and everything works as expected now. To reset your NVRAM, hold Command + Option + P + R while starting up, and release when you hear the startup tone for the second time. Your speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk and time zone may need to be reset, but if you don't mess around with these too much then you should be OK.

Read more at the support knowledgebase: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379 (this is where I got the instructions from in the first place)

tl;dr: Reboot and hold Command + Option + P + R until you hear the startup tone a second time.

To answer your second question, restoring your Mac will not affect your other partitions (they're treated like separate hard drives entirely), but you should back up just in case (it never hurts).

Unable to post to facebook and twitter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.