Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from Mail

I can't seem to add photos to iPhoto directly from Mail since upgrading to 10.8.2. Anyone else experiencing same?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 11:21 AM

14 replies

Sep 23, 2012 12:00 PM in response to Bill Haag

Yesterday I placed the same question; Repeat:

Saving or exporting Photo(s) as email-attachement(s) to iPhoto does not work: Neither "Sichern > Zu iPhoto hinzufügen" nor "Double click on Photo > Selection: Nach iPhoto exportieren". Save the Photo (individual or all) to a folder is ok.

Update iPhoto to actual Version 9.4 did not solve the problem.

I'm still waiting for an answer - Thanks!

Sep 23, 2012 12:11 PM in response to Arda152

Yes, I am updated. My concern is with the "Save" button within Mail. In the drop down box, you should be able to select "Add to iPhoto". Used to work, but now nothing happens. Appreciate your input though, and yes, dragging onto iPhoto icon does work. My wife got used to doing it with the other button and is frustrated it's still there but does not work

Sep 26, 2012 10:47 AM in response to Arda152

Arda152 is absolutely correct. Yesterday I posted that the Save to iPhoto feature in Mail hasn't worked since the latest Mountain Lion update. After reading the post about the iPhoto update, however, I tried dragging the photos from Mail to the iPhoto icon and... voila!... my photos imported to iPhoto. It's odd that the Save feature no longer works, but the drag and drop addition is a nice one!

Sep 28, 2012 9:01 AM in response to Maveryk

Yes, looks like there is some 'bug' with the new Mountain Lion update 10.8.2 and then the new iPhoto 11 (version 9.4) - which now doesn't allow for the 'one click' operation (from an incoming email - in Mail 6.1) to 'Save' - save image to iPhoto. One can still drag the image to iPhoto - but I preferred the one click option within mail.

Guess its wait for OS update to resume to normal service.

Dec 25, 2012 9:16 AM in response to Pirqui

Pirqui if I'm reading this note right, it sounds like your have OS conflicts between your 'mail' and 'iPhoto' regardless of any new software updates. As you should be able to see photos in 'iPhoto' ( if you have loaded pics) and you should be able to email pictures from 'mail' as attachments.

If you can maybe visit a local Apple store 'Genius bar' where they can help.

Merry Christmas - Apple communities.

Photos from Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.