Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic express 9.1.1 won't work in mountain lion, 8 does!

Just upgraded to ML. I don't use Logic much, hence only having Express. Annoyingly I assumed Apple would support its own product but no.

Anyone know how I can upgrade to 9.1.7 which is supposed to work?

Meanwhile I found v8.0.2, which I had when I upgraded to 9.1 and works in ML... what's that about?!

I looked in the applications folder to find v8 sitting there waiting to be used! There are some issues and it opens a default project with the warning it was created with a newer version (true!). Warnings on loading are...

Dear Logic Express user,

you have 1 Audio Unit(s) enabled which did not pass the Apple AU validation. This may cause problems and can even crash Logic Express or lead to data loss! Please check with the manufacturer(s) for updated versions. We recommend disabling these plug-ins in the AU Manager.

This is Melodyne assistant

Warning! This project was created by a newer Logic Express version.

This may cause problems.

Please update Logic Express.

Wish I could, ironic sense of humour, Apple have

Logic Express: Plug-in “Pedalboard” not available!

Logic Express: Plug-in “Amp Dsn” not available!

And that's it. I've opened a file made in 9.1 with just the warning 2 above bounced the file ok - and played it to check.

I assume you'll have a problem if you've used the plugins that aren't supported, but if not you'll be able to work.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 12:06 PM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2012 4:38 PM in response to Clive_D

Wow, Clive! Just . . . wow.

I feel your pain. It is amazing how LE 8 can work but a version of LE 9 won't. At any rate, if LE 9.1.7 is supposed to work you can download the update here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1015

Hopefully this will get you up & running.

(For a number of reasons I do not plan on upgrading to Mountain Lion. I'm running OSX 10.7.x and I think that's as far as I'm going. I really don't like the direction Apple are taking by making their OS more like their IOS used in their mobile devices.)

logic express 9.1.1 won't work in mountain lion, 8 does!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.