Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you see FB friends in Contacts?

I noticed the new 10.8.2 upgrade has an interface between Facebook and Contacts ... "See Facebook friends' contact information and profile pictures in Contacts". Do you need the FB app (which I don't have)? There's not much instruction on how to sync the two. Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iMac 21.5" mid-2010; iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:38 PM

16 replies

Sep 23, 2012 4:41 PM in response to scrbrd

Well your in the Mountain Lion forum, so what do you think? You can also set it up on your iPhone by going to Settings>Facebook and fill in the info. No app needed on the Mac. There are no settings on your Mac there is System Preferences, go to that and then choose Mail, Contacts, and Calendars and then Facebok and fill in the info.

Sep 23, 2012 5:50 PM in response to cbs20

You do need to download the iPhone FB app. Once you do that the option in Settings appears.

On you iPhone, iOS6: Settings>Facebook. Sign in username/password. Allow Contacts to Use Your Account (on). Click Update All Contacts.

Now when I "updated all contacts", it thought about it for awhile and came back with a message saying "0 contacts updated".

I also synced my iPhone to my iMac, in an effort to the get the Contacts on my iMac to sync with FB, but that's not happening yet.

How do I get the FB info on Contacts on my iMac?

Sep 23, 2012 5:57 PM in response to scrbrd

Yeah you need the facebook app for your iphone thats why I said no app needed for your MAC. I told you already how to get the contacts from facebook on your mac. I have actually stated it twice already. But I will say a third time. System Preferences>Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose Facebook on the right and choose the contacts option just like on the iPhone.

Sep 23, 2012 6:26 PM in response to cbs20

...and I'm telling you, now, for the third time, that what your telling me just simply isn't there.

System Preferences>Mail> (no facebook)

The interface on the iMac isn't anything like the iPhone.

There is, however, an option to "add other account..."

But when I click on that it gives me several options for adding different types of accounts: mail, messages, CalDAV, CardDAV, LDAP, OSX Server...

How do you see FB friends in Contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.