Previous 1 2 Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2012 7:57 PM by David M Brewer
scrbrd Level 1 (0 points)

I noticed the new 10.8.2 upgrade has an interface between Facebook and Contacts ... "See Facebook friends' contact information and profile pictures in Contacts". Do you need the FB app (which I don't have)? There's not much instruction on how to sync the two. Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iMac 21.5" mid-2010; iPhone 4S
  • cbs20 Level 4 (2,785 points)

Set it up through System Preferences>Mail, Contacts, Calendars, choose facebook and enter your information and then it will add a facebook set of contacts. Very simple process.

• scrbrd Level 1 (0 points)

Do I set this up through the iPhone or iMac?

Do I need the FB app?

On my iPhone, I see the following:

Settings>Mail, Contacts,> (no facebook?)

On my iMac, I see:

Settings>Mail,>(no facebook?)

Well your in the Mountain Lion forum, so what do you think? You can also set it up on your iPhone by going to Settings>Facebook and fill in the info. No app needed on the Mac. There are no settings on your Mac there is System Preferences, go to that and then choose Mail, Contacts, and Calendars and then Facebok and fill in the info.

You do need to download the iPhone FB app. Once you do that the option in Settings appears.

On you iPhone, iOS6: Settings>Facebook. Sign in username/password. Allow Contacts to Use Your Account (on). Click Update All Contacts.

Now when I "updated all contacts", it thought about it for awhile and came back with a message saying "0 contacts updated".

I also synced my iPhone to my iMac, in an effort to the get the Contacts on my iMac to sync with FB, but that's not happening yet.

How do I get the FB info on Contacts on my iMac?

Yeah you need the facebook app for your iphone thats why I said no app needed for your MAC. I told you already how to get the contacts from facebook on your mac. I have actually stated it twice already. But I will say a third time. System Preferences>Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose Facebook on the right and choose the contacts option just like on the iPhone.

• David M Brewer Level 6 (9,365 points)

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 6.59.00 PM.png

Here is a short video I made how to set up FaceBook integration with ML 8.2:

http://youtu.be/0_M4fM68er8?hd=1

Go full screen and set the video resolution to 1080p for best viewing.

...and I'm telling you, now, for the third time, that what your telling me just simply isn't there.

System Preferences>Mail> (no facebook)

The interface on the iMac isn't anything like the iPhone.

There is, however, an option to "add other account..."

But when I click on that it gives me several options for adding different types of accounts: mail, messages, CalDAV, CardDAV, LDAP, OSX Server...

I'm not getting Facebook on my MCC page...

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 6.31.20 PM.png

When I click on "Add Other Account..." I get the following...

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 6.32.27 PM.png

Which should I choose?

Have you upgraded to 10.8.2? Go to the Apple in the menu and choose About this Mac.

Go into your Utilities folder and launch the Disk Utility app and repair the disks premissions.

Application folder---->  Utilities folder--->Disk Utility app.

m.png

cbs20 wrote:

Have you upgraded to 10.8.2? Go to the Apple in the menu and choose About this Mac.

I was thing the same thing....

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 7.59.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 7.59.41 PM.png

You really don't need the FaceBook app on an iPad/iPhone to make this work. ML 8.2 takes all the FaceBook info from the site. (Not everyone has a  iPad/iPhone.)

David M Brewer wrote:

cbs20 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing....

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 7.59.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 7.59.41 PM.png

That solved it. Thanks, David!

Previous 1 2 Next