Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail Epic Fail Freezes, Frozen, Locked Up, Not Responding, Beach Ball

Just bought a brand new MacBook Pro Retina. Standard spec with the 2.6GHz 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD.

Set everything up. Installed various games, MS Office, Pages/Numbers etc. All was well.

Started getting flickering in Warcraft. Ran updates, updated MacOS to 10.8.2.

Now Mac Mail does not work at all.

1) On my user log in if you open mail and try to press ANYTHING you get a beachball, it freezes and that's it.

2) I created a new log in, I could read the emails for the icloud account I used for the log in. I could send emails. I tried to add my other three accounts it froze on the first one.

3) Deleted the Mail folder in Library, reopened mail. It asked me to set up. It froze.

4) Installed the mail accounts on MS Outlook no problem.

5) Kill the new MBPr?!

So frustrated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:23 PM

2 replies

Sep 23, 2012 9:03 PM in response to buttmonki

Update:

Reinstalled Mountain Lion.

Created a new log in, could read the emails for the icloud account I used for the log in. Could send emails. Tried to add my other three accounts it froze on the first one. Waited for about 20 minutes, it moved to step two of created a new mail account. Several more long waits until got to final step (probably over an hour total), waited so long fell asleep. Woke up next day and second account was added! But didn't work. Back to square one (four account total so could be a long time).

Mac Mail Epic Fail Freezes, Frozen, Locked Up, Not Responding, Beach Ball

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.