Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync Address book with iphone(iOS 6) and 10.7.4?

How to sync Address book with iphone(iOS 6) and 10.7.4

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 3:42 PM

11 replies

Sep 23, 2012 7:47 PM in response to diesel vdub

perhaps I should have given more details. here goes:

i recently updated to the newest iOS and newest itunes software. since the update, i have not been able to tranfer all of the contacts from my address book(on my mac) to my phone! When I plug my iphone in to the computer and go to the info tab, ""Sync Address Book Contacts" isn't even an option. It only says "Sync Contacts". I've even tried the "replace info on this phone" and I still don't get all my contacts from my address book!

Sep 23, 2012 8:04 PM in response to cmessiah

Is there anything consistent about these contacts that do not sync? Are they in a seperate contact folder?

I'm not familiar with Address Book or the Mac, maybe your question would be better address in one of the Mac forums.

FYI, the iPhone in the Enterprise is not the appropriate forum, as nothing about the issue has to do with using an iPhone in a corporate environment.

Oct 3, 2012 9:09 PM in response to cmessiah

i'm having this issue too. it's a bit more complex though i think so i'll give the details:

a few days ago i added some people to my contacts using my phone. the thing they have in common is they're all new contacts.

they synced over to my macbook address book ok.

then a few days later i had to do a full restore of my iphone for various reasons (the new one, already!) which i did. when i then looked in my iphone contacts, these contacts were no longer there. they WERE however, still in my macbook address book.

so i figured i'd switch icloud syncing off for contacts and then resync to get them back on my phone. it didn't work. so i then turned off icloud sync and tried a good old manual sync via itunes, making sure to check the box for syncing contacts. it still didn't work.

now i'm at that odd place where the contacts are in my macbook address book but not in my phone and i can't seem to get them onto my phone (which is frustrating as ultimately they are phone numbers and in my phone is the best place for them!)

any ideas?

Dec 21, 2012 9:36 PM in response to harriettekd

Login to icloud (https://www.icloud.com) using your apple id. Your mac address book should be visible there.

In settings --> icloud --> contacts on the phone, turn the sync off. On your mac, go to itunes --> iphone --> info tab, check the 'sync contacts' check box. Now on the iphone, turn the sync back on. It will say your contacts will be merged with the icloud.

In itunes, it should now say "Your contacts are being synced with your iPhone over the air from the iCloud"

That is it!

Mar 30, 2014 11:55 AM in response to cmessiah

WHY do I need to use iCloud....I don't want my data on any cloud I want a direct sync connection from my computer to my iPhone or iPod. I don't want to use SyncMate either it's another cloud based solution and who knows who they are. What happened to the direct connect? Does APPLE really need my data? Or are they selling everyones data to the alphabet soup agencies just like Goggle does?

How to sync Address book with iphone(iOS 6) and 10.7.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.