Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 not remembering wifi password

no matter what I do, once I leave the house and come back the phone does not automatically join my wifi and if I do it manually I have to enter the password again and again. Very annoying to say the least, and something trivial that should just work. I did a reset on the networking part, still same problem.

Might be just me, this is my first iphone, but it seems like this should just work without me having to do much thinking or fiddling?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 5:52 PM

12 replies

May 4, 2013 9:05 AM in response to phantelope

Phantelope - This is a new issue with iPhone 5 - worked find with my 3 and 4. Also when I transfered from my i4 to 5 the setting where saved. The issue was with my wife's phone, it was new to our network so it didn't have any saved seting to transfer over.

One last comment - I see the inital post was from September - You would like to think that one of the OS updates since then would have fixed this.

iphone 5 not remembering wifi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.