Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 battery Drains fast

I have problem with the iPhone 5 battery. All settings are off and nothing running in the background. Plus no apps running. After four hours on standby the battery drains down to 80%. Anybody has the same problem. I had every iPhone that came out. Every time there's a new phone Apple has the same problem.

iOS 6, 64G iPhone 5, 32G iPad 3G+WiFi

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:05 PM

7 replies

Sep 24, 2012 11:40 PM in response to Mac Beep Beep

Let me tell you our story.

I have an iPhone 4. The battery life is perfect. I am all over it - using tons of consumer and business apps.

My wife bought an iPhone 4S. If she is using it like I am using mine, the battery life is half the mine. Ofcourse the performance is better. Even when she is not using it, i.e. making only a few calls a day, the battery drops a lot. We checked - there are no any background apps etc.

If this contunues as a trend into iPhone 5, probably you will have to charge your phone 3 times a day...

Sep 24, 2012 11:52 PM in response to longman555

Yesterday at the same time, with similar amount of usage, battery was 23%. (1500, +0800 GMT)

Reset settings this morning, full charge, similar usage ==>56%

When I'm using the phone, the battery meter starts dropping fast. If I don't touch it, all's good.

On my Iphone4, it would be around 75% at this time. So still disappointing battery performance, but at least looks like one charge will last me till the end of the workday.

iPhone 5 battery Drains fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.