Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 app store timing out

Updating credit card info in app store, and it keeps timing out on iPhone 5. What's going on? This is lame....and annoying.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:26 PM

Had the same problem (today, but it worked fine yesterday). Then it needed to verify my billing info, and the security code (3 numbers) was missing from my account info. When I entered it, it immediately said my session timed out.

I fixed it by going into Settings, iCloud, Storage and Backup (at the bottom of the page). It has changed now that I updated it, so I can't tell you exactly which buttons to push, but there's a place in there to change your account info for the free iCloud storage. I was able to enter the security code there, and after that the App Store worked fine.

Hope that helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2012 5:26 PM in response to kfarina

Had the same problem (today, but it worked fine yesterday). Then it needed to verify my billing info, and the security code (3 numbers) was missing from my account info. When I entered it, it immediately said my session timed out.

I fixed it by going into Settings, iCloud, Storage and Backup (at the bottom of the page). It has changed now that I updated it, so I can't tell you exactly which buttons to push, but there's a place in there to change your account info for the free iCloud storage. I was able to enter the security code there, and after that the App Store worked fine.

Hope that helps.

iPhone 5 app store timing out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.