Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud public website photostream sharing name

This may well be an iCloud question, but I can't seem to figure out how to change my name on the public photostream sharing webpages.

When you turn on a public website to share a photostream, the web page is titled with the Photo Stream album name on the left and a "by" name on the right.

What I don't understand is where Photo Stream is getting the name. I have checked preferences in iPhoto and changed it, I have changed it on my mail and contacts (owner name), I have tried to change it on iCloud, but can't seem to make it permanent. I suspect it is an iCloud issue, but am at a loss having gone through everything.

Anybody have any idea how to change the published web page name?

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 7:36 PM

5 replies

Sep 23, 2012 7:45 PM in response to Woodwyn

Never mind. The setting is changed in your Apple User ID online Account Settings.

For what it's worth, it's kind of limiting. I've changed my user name to reflect how I want it to read publicly, so I hope it doesn't screw anything up with my Apple User Name Account. This should not work this way, but instead allow for an alias for such purposes. Hope this helps.

Oct 3, 2012 8:15 PM in response to Pace Collett

Go to your Apple ID Manage Account via the Apple Support site. Log in. There you can change your Name. This will in turn change all of your devices, and show up on your public web page. It doesn't seem to change the name in my iDevice iCloud settings, but it does on my Mac.

Please also give Apple feedback if you want them to change how this is implemented.

icloud public website photostream sharing name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.