Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently upgraded to the iOS 6 and now reception problems!!

I recently upgraded to the iOS 6 and now I have poor reception and my calendars only load about 1/2 the time. I don't understand how the software upgrade is affecting my reception. I have another phone that I haven't upgraded and it works perfectly.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 8:58 PM

4 replies

Sep 26, 2012 1:21 AM in response to ryannjena

Hey guys I might have a solution:

I had the same problems with my 4s: weak signal strength no 3g connectivity at all! and on top of that itunes wouldn't restore my iPhone..not even iOs 6! (after checking with apple it would say that the building wasn't right for my iPhone...even though it was the same file, downloaded trough iTunes from apple, I used to update from 5.1.1 to 6)

Except for yhe iTunes problem, for which I haven't cheked if it's still there, I solved the 3G connectivity problem and the weak signal, and the battery is improved too!

That's what I did:

• I had iTunes make a backup on my computer,
  • than I reseted the iPhone: settings--->reset---->delete contents and settings
  • I had iTunes restore my latest backup
  • after that I waited until iTunes displayed the battery fully charged
  • I turned off the iPhone(while stil pluged in)
  • I kept it off trough the night

And in the morning I had no more signal strenght problems or 3G connetivity issues!

I hope this works for you too! let me know!!

I recently upgraded to the iOS 6 and now reception problems!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.