Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Restore Problem (Camera Roll)

Hi all,

Picked up a iPhone 5 on Friday (21/09) and was able to setup from my 4S backup (taken earlier that day). All my contacts, SMS, Apps, Email accounts, etc loaded sucessfully - except the Camera Roll.

I left my device connected to WiFi overnight in hopes of it downloading all of my pictures, but with over 24 hours connected, I was only able to pull down 30 or so images.

User uploaded file

(Please disregard the low WiFi signal, this is using my work network just as a point of reference - home network was at full strength).

Since the first attempt of restoring from this backup, I have again wiped the handset and started the restore process again...but with the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 9:27 PM

Ideas? Unfortunately not. All I can tell you is that it is a very common issue. I would recommend to make it via iTunes (backup old iPhone via iTunes > restore new iPhone from

backup via iTunes) or just to sync the pictures manually (from your old iPhone > iPhoto/Aperture (Mac) > new iPhone)

3 replies

iCloud Restore Problem (Camera Roll)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.