Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud control panel 2.0: unable to edit event times in calendar

After upgrading to v. 2.0 of iCloud control panel, I was no longer able to enter dates and times for event into an iCloud calendar via Outlook 2010.

Steps to reproduce:
0) Using Outlook 2010 32-bit under Windows 7 64-bit, with iCloud control panel 2.0.2.187
1) Set Windows short date format to dd-MMM-yy.
2) In Outlook, create a new event in an iCloud calendar by double-clicking on the calendar in the 8:00PM timeslot on Sun, 23-Sep-12.
3) Click in the start time drop-down box and select a different start time - select 10:00PM.

Result: The date changes to Sat 23-Dec-00, and further attempts to change the date and time fail.

Workaround: Note that if you change the short date format in the Windows control panel to a different format (I tested M/d/yyyy), this defect does not appear.

I have reported this on the iCloud feedback page, but in the meantime if anyone has any more insight or workarounds to share, please do.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:18 AM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2012 12:28 AM in response to chcn

Also, this may be related to the defect described above, but this one does not seem to depend on the localization setting in the same way.

If you create a new event on an iCloud calendar in Outlook 2010 by double-clicking on the calendar, then type a new start time of "1915" (or any other 24-hr time without a colon) in the start time field, then press Tab, the date changes to Sat 30-Dec-1899. This method of entry works properly on a native Outlook calendar.

Sep 24, 2012 6:28 AM in response to MrBasic72

Are you manually typing a start time, or just clicking in the start time box to select one from the drop-down list? (I.e., I've described two separate problems above; are you having the first one or the second one, or something slightly different?)

Did you try changing the short date format in Start > Control Panel > Region and Language?

Sep 24, 2012 9:13 AM in response to chcn

I have now reported both of these issues at http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html, and I have spoken with an AppleCare rep who suggested that the best way to get this into Apple's bug-tracking database is to use that feedback form. So it others are having this or similar issues with the integration with Outlook, I encourge you to use that form above and provide as many details as possible.

Dec 5, 2012 3:25 PM in response to chcn

I have (now had) the same problem (date changes to 00) with MS Outlook 2007 (32-bit) on 64-bit Windows 7. The workaround ("change the short date format in the Windows control panel to a different format (I tested M/d/yyyy), this defect does not appear") works for me.

Thanks so much for the tip - this has been a very frustrating problem. I had another (labor intensive) workaround but it wasn't nearly as neat and simple as yours.

iCloud control panel 2.0: unable to edit event times in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.