Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing and empty Events after iPhoto 9.4 update - how to restore?

Hi folks, I updated to iPhoto 9.4 a couple of days ago and now many of my photo 'Events' are missing, and some are now appearing as empty.

Can anyone help me get my pictures back (ie restore the library to its pre-9.4 update state) -- when I used Time Machine to try to look at the iPhoto Library from before the update, the icon for the Library was like a plain white drive... do I need to relaunch the iPhoto App from Time Machine to restore everything properly?

As you can see, my Mac knowledge is still pretty thin and so I am loath to fish around too much in case I do some irreparable damage and lose my pictures for good. (my life won't be worth living if I have lost all the newborn pics of my kids... which is why I splashed out on 2 TB Time Machine) ...

Any advice and guidance would be very gratefully received...

Thanks

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:16 AM

Start by backing up your iPhoto library, depressing the option and command keys, launching iPhoto and rebuilding your library

LN

3 replies

Sep 24, 2012 9:27 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks Larry - a couple of idiot questions before I take the plunge...

1) my iPhoto library *should* be backed up, right, given my Time Machine is backing up every hour, etc... or do I need to do something else to be doubly safe?

2) When rebuilding my library, which tabs should I click? (Apologies for the uber-caution - I am totally freaked out by this now and paranoid I will lose EVERYTHING) Once I rebuild the library, will photos remain in their Events?

Many thanks

Missing and empty Events after iPhoto 9.4 update - how to restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.