Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebDAV Prevent ._AppleDouble & .DS_Store

Hello,

I am using WebDAV on 10.8.2 OS X Server and have Windows clients connecting to it. When I copy files via WebDAV from a Mac it creates the .AppleDouble (data fork) - The Mac does not display these but the Windows users see what appears a double of each file, name ._filename. I tried a couple CLI but it only prevents the .DS_Store creation. I've also tried BlueHavervest but I it doesn't appear to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:57 AM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2012 10:54 AM in response to kginger_consulting

I found that when the Macs connect via AFP BlueHarvest DOES work. It is when the Macs connect WebDAV do I get the .DS_Store and ._AppleDouble files creation (shows in Win).

I also found that when Macs create new folders connected as WebDAV, those folders do not appear later when connecting via AFP. This quite strange behaivior.

WebDAV Prevent ._AppleDouble & .DS_Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.