Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faces lost

After update to ML (11.8.2) and Aperture 3.4 I can't find anymore all the faces in my libraries. Additional the function face detection takes no more faces.

I'm so frustrated! Who can help me??

Aperture 3

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:45 AM

8 replies

Sep 25, 2012 7:29 AM in response to C Riedel

If you have tried all three first aid options, without success, you could try one more desparate measure - but make sure you have a backup of your Aperture library, before you try that; you will have to modify the Aperture library package.

Aperture indexes the faces in a database file inside the package, and if this file gets corrupted, you may see the symptoms you are now experiencing.

I once rescued my "faces" by deleting this file inside the package and forcing Aperture to recreate it.

1. Quit Aperture and backup the Aperture library, if you have not done so already.
  2. Log off and log on again, to make sure that Aperture really quits.
  3. Ctrl-click the Aperture libray and select "Show Package contents" from the Popup menu.
  4. Inside the package open the folder "Database", then "apdb" and remove the file Faces.db to the Desktop.
  5. Launch Aperture again with ⌥⌘ held down to rebuild the database. If this should hang, force quit and "repair" again.
  6. Launch Aperture and check the faces.

Report back, if this still does not help.

Regards

Léonie

Sep 26, 2012 11:16 AM in response to C Riedel

Sorry Carsten,

but I am running out of ideas - völlig ratlos. Send a bug-report to Apple

(From the main menu bar in Aperture:

Aperture > Provide Aperture Feedback)

Do you have a backup from before the Update to Aperture 3.4?

Then you could revert to the previous version (both Aperture program and library) and repair and rebuild the library with the previous Aperture version, and upgrade with a repaired library.

Regards

Léonie

Faces lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.