Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Mirroring Icon does not appear on a Mac Air

I have just purchased an Apple TV to mirror either my Macbook Pro or Mac Air to my TV. Both have the latest release Mountain Lion S/w updates. I get the icon in the status bar of the Pro and mirroring to the TV works fine but no icon on the Air. The Air is the latest 2012 model. I also have a similar problem on my iMac.

They are all connected via a wireless network. The Apple TV can see the Air's ITunes content so there is a connection between the Apple TV and the Air but no mirroring icon.

Any suggestions

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 2:44 AM

4 replies

Sep 25, 2012 5:09 AM in response to JulianRH

To summarise a single wireless network with an IMac, Mac Pro and Mac Air trying to connect to Apple TV 3rd generation. I can mirror from the Pro but I do not get the Mirroring Icon in the status bar of either theI IMac or Air. The IMac and Mac Pro were purchased April 2011 but the Air was purchased two months ago and is the current release. All three have the latest OS. So it is not incompatible hardware or OS and teh network works fine with good rsignal strength on the apple TV.

Apple TV Mirroring Icon does not appear on a Mac Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.