Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IP camera feed not available anymore with iOS6. Not working on a any browser anymore. What's wrong?

After updating to iOS 6 on iPhone 4, I can't see my IP camera feed on any browser available (As I used to do on iOS 5.1.1 and was working fine)

On the other hand, there isn't any app that supports SITECOM IP cameras feed.

So what's the deal? Waiting for an update or what?

iPhone 4, iOS 6, IP camera feed. Safari problem

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 2:34 AM

10 replies

Sep 24, 2012 10:57 AM in response to skipper400

I'm having the same problem.

With the recent release of Safari 6.0 for MAC, we have are having problems streaming video. We were able to with previous versions of Safari on both MAC and Iphone. We used the following URL: http://74.95.30.43/display_pic.cgi?cam=1&res=hi&audio=off&refresh=16000628090

This URL will stream with Mozilla Firefox on the MAC but not Safari 6.0. This wasn't a problem up until now because we could just use Mozilla Firefox. However, Firefox is not available with the Iphone & Ipad. On the Iphone & Ipad, we just get a "still image" and the image does not refresh.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sep 30, 2012 8:49 AM in response to naes_sean

Hello

I have found a solution to our problem, by downloading the Mercury browser and looking around in the settings.

On the iPhone: there is an option called UserAgent. There is a selection of browsers to choose from. I did it with IE8, where I was able to see the live feed of the IP camera (locally and 3G with a dyndns address)

On the iPad, you choose Settings > Functions > Identify Browser As

Oct 7, 2012 9:50 AM in response to stumo

Hmmmm...found this to work. Installed Mercury browser on iPhone 4S with IOS 6. While in the browser, choose User Agent and then select Chrome. Video then streams as it did in IOS 5.1. Works on my iMac, OS X 10.8.2, when using Google Chrome as a browser. Does NOT work on iPhone or Imac with Safari anymore. Aplle did something to Safari that I wish they would correct.

iPhone app LiveCams Pro also streams the video as well.

Jan 7, 2013 8:46 AM in response to naes_sean

I am. Did not have the problem with IOS 5, only once I upgraded to IOS 6. Same thing on my iMac since Safari upgraded to 6.0.2. All my cameras do work in the Mercury browser on my iPhone with IOS 6. Seems like Apple screwed something up in Safari but there is probably not enough of us to get ther attention to correct it.

Jun 25, 2013 3:57 AM in response to blockerpopo5

Using the photon browser, would you be able to test to see if the video works on this link?

http://74.95.30.43/display_pic.cgi?cam=1&res=hi&audio=off&refresh=16000628090

I have tested multiple browsers on the iphone and all just give me a still image. I don't want to pay for another browser if it gives me the same results. 😟 That is a link to a Dedicated Micros DVR with the camera pointing towards a clock with a second hand.

Thanks.

IP camera feed not available anymore with iOS6. Not working on a any browser anymore. What's wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.