1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 3:39 AM by Roger Wilmut1
chellecarter Level 1 (0 points)

I would like to add another email account to my already existing icloud on my macbook. I have set it up and am receiving emails on my iphone for both accounts however i am having no luck with doing the same on the macbook pro. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • Roger Wilmut1 Level 9 (73,985 points)

Have you set up a completely new iCloud account, requiring a new Apple ID? Or have you created an alias? (you would do the latter on the iCloud website).

Your signature says you have 10.6.3 on your Macbook Pro. Is this correct? Snow Leopard is not compatible with iCloud.

So, three possibilities:

1. If you have Snow Leopard, you can add the email part of the iCloud account only, but following the instructions here: Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

2. If you have Lion 10.7.2 or above you can add the second account in System Preferences>Mail, Contacts and Calendars.

3. If you have simply added an alias, go to Mail Preferences>Accounts, select your existing iCloud account and in the 'Email Address' field add the alias address, separated from the main address by a comma. It will then appear in the drop-down list for new emails, and messages to it should in any case come directly to the same inbox as the main address.