Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud crashes my explorer.exe

Hey,

So basically, everytime i set up my iCloud Control Panel for only the Photo Stream thingy, whatever folder i try to open computer, control panel, documents, my explorer.exe always crashes until i unistall it. Im running Windows 7 32-bit and my iPhone 4 running iOS 6 is syncing the photos.

Would any know what the problem is? 😀

iCloud Control Panel-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 3:31 AM

9 replies

Sep 25, 2012 5:15 AM in response to DelijeStefan

Yes that is what I have tried. I click on the uninstall (iCloud Control Panel 2.0 the remove option). I click next; it asks if I want to completely remove it. I click yes.

AND

CRASH!!!!

I hope Apple fix this ASAP as I can hardly use my work PC! To re-install my PC it take about a day and a half. I cannot have time for this...

Any one got any other suggestions?

Jul 31, 2013 6:53 PM in response to DelijeStefan

Wow... a year has past and no solution?

Same here... I have the very same problem on a very clean installation of Windows 7 64bit. Everything was fine until I activated the Photo Stream in iCloud. It crashes the explorer and only CTRL ALT DEL and log off from windows brings my Laptop back alive. I am also running DropBox on my laptop with no any problems or errors.

I would love to use Photo Stream.

Jan 23, 2014 7:19 AM in response to DelijeStefan

I'm bumping this old thread. My explorer.exe is crashing as well. I have re-installed the control panel multiple times. I am using windows 7 64.

I have other PCs which have a mix of intermitent and persitent issues with icloud panel on windows 7. I am removing this icloud control panel. It obviously does not work every well.

Also, when I reconcile the pictures I have stored in the iphone with the photostream, I see the photo stream will sometimes be missing some pictures. This is very random and unreliable, too difficult to troubleshoot.

I am just ranting. The dropbox feature to sync pictures when pluging in the iphone is more reliable. When I reconcile the number of pictures on my phone with dropbox, the number is the same, the size is the same, there are no duplicates etc. The software does not crash...!!111!

Dropbox seem to know how to work with the concep of synching data.

E-

Feb 15, 2015 1:38 AM in response to DelijeStefan

I had this same problem (iCloud for PC - Windows 7). For me, Photostream stopped syncing properly over a year ago, and after a recent iCloud (PC) update, I couldn't even log into iCloud anymore. It would crash every time during the log in process. I tried everything I could think of (installing, reinstalling, etc.). I had pretty much given up and stopped using iCloud since last Fall. I'm happy to report now that I have fixed it. I know this is an old thread, but I'm leaving this here in case someone else comes across it (which I'm sure they will).

Other people who have had this problem mentioned something about having to reinstall Outlook to fix it. Maybe that would work for some people, but since I don't have Outlook, that wasn't going to work for me. Here's what did work: I disabled the Apple Push program from starting up with my computer.

In case you don't know how to access that, go to your Start menu, and type "msconfig" in the Search box. Once you hit Enter, the System Configuration tool should open up. Click on the Startup tab, and you should be able to see all the programs that startup with your computer. Uncheck Apple Push (along with any other program you want to disable), and hit OK. You will need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

What does Apple Push do, and is it safe to disable? Supposedly, it helps your iDevices communicate with iCloud, etc. I can tell you right now that my iPhone communicates with my computer fine (better actually, since it's finally letting me log into iCloud and see my Photostream properly now) with it off. After some internet sleuthing, I've actually found that many people recommend you turn it off to help your computer run faster.

This wasn't something that I was actively looking to do when I found out that it worked. I had pretty much given up on having access to iCloud on my computer. I had another program that I wanted to disable from starting up automatically, so I went into System Config, and it was there that I noticed that Apple Push was even a thing. Anyway, I unchecked it (since I wasn't going to use iCloud anymore anyway), and then restarted my computer. Since iCloud was back on my mind, I decided to try logging in again. I didn't have any expectations when I did, but lo and behold! It actually worked! To top that off, Photostream was syncing again!

Anyway, hope this works for you! Good luck!

iCloud crashes my explorer.exe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.