Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages are not in order received.

In iMessage on my Mac, the messages between myself and another are not in the order they were sent, is there a preference that I need to set?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad 2, iPhone4

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 2:36 PM

Hi,

In Messages beta in Lion it was noticed that if you started a conversation on one device such as an iPhone then turned a computer On and launched Messages it would start to sync (Slowly) and at the same time it would put up new incoming Messages for your contact and therefore presenting them out of Sync.

On the basis a conversation on the iPhone could have been whilst you were at work it could be several hours worth of iMessages.

There did not seem to be a fix for this.

However in Messages in Mountain Lion the Sync process seemed to be a lot faster.

However we have just had the iPhone 5 release and iOS 6 Update which many have been waiting for tot sync iPhone Numbers as well as Apple IDs

There seem to be reports that people this the iMessages servers are currently slow.

I have not found a page that Apple posts this sort of info ON

User uploaded file
10:36 PM Monday; September 24, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and and iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2012 2:36 PM in response to Geno11

Hi,

In Messages beta in Lion it was noticed that if you started a conversation on one device such as an iPhone then turned a computer On and launched Messages it would start to sync (Slowly) and at the same time it would put up new incoming Messages for your contact and therefore presenting them out of Sync.

On the basis a conversation on the iPhone could have been whilst you were at work it could be several hours worth of iMessages.

There did not seem to be a fix for this.

However in Messages in Mountain Lion the Sync process seemed to be a lot faster.

However we have just had the iPhone 5 release and iOS 6 Update which many have been waiting for tot sync iPhone Numbers as well as Apple IDs

There seem to be reports that people this the iMessages servers are currently slow.

I have not found a page that Apple posts this sort of info ON

User uploaded file
10:36 PM Monday; September 24, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Sep 27, 2012 12:37 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Thanks for the Points

User uploaded file
8:37 PM Thursday; September 27, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

iMessages are not in order received.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.