Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I reduce space required when using Record Slideshow?

Hello.

I tried to play a bit with Record Slideshow functionality and it works well.

However, there is one big problem from my point of view in my case: presentation with 17 slides weights only 4.3MB without sound. When I add sound with Record Slideshow, file grows to 66MB as I speak for 32 minutes overs those 17 slides. Exporting to QuickTime movie is even more heavy as I end up with a file of 232MB!

Is there a way to force Keynote to lower audio quality? My audio MIDI input for the microphone is set to 16 bits (the lowest possible)... so I don't know where else to look in order to end up with a smaller file than 66MB as Keynote don't look to offer options in that respect...

Thanks for your input.

T

Keynote-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:24 PM

You would be better off recording a separate audio track as MP3/MP4 and then adding that to Keynote.

With voice tracks you can record at low quality nad use mono instead of stereo to reduce the file size.

If you don't have suitable software, Audacity will record, edit and export for free...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/AudioFiles/Audacity.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2012 1:24 PM in response to Tony_CH

You would be better off recording a separate audio track as MP3/MP4 and then adding that to Keynote.

With voice tracks you can record at low quality nad use mono instead of stereo to reduce the file size.

If you don't have suitable software, Audacity will record, edit and export for free...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/AudioFiles/Audacity.html

Can I reduce space required when using Record Slideshow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.