Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4S iTunes won't play next track

This is so weird. Prior to iOS6 I could listen to tracks on an album one after the other, but since ios6 no matter what I click, I only can play the same song over and over again. I tried clicking both the shuffle and repeat icons and nothing happens. Has anyone else had this issue?

iPhone 4, iOS 5, iPhone 4s actually

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:20 AM

10 replies

Sep 24, 2012 9:30 AM in response to LauraMackie

Hi Laurie,

Yes. I have a 4S 64gb and just upgraded to ios6 over the weekend. And I am having the exact same problem. Seems like a bug in the music player for ios6. I hope Apple fixes this very quickly as I use my music player daily. Tracks play fine, but will not advance; neither to the the next track, nor by shuffling. It just plays the same track over and over again. I hope someone in the music player (iPod) app department hears about this fast and fixes it quickly.

Ken

Sep 24, 2012 6:27 PM in response to LauraMackie

Ok... A friend of mine suggested double checking that the track repeat button was off (I never turned it on)... Well guess what ? It was on (which maybe is the default after the ios6 update). I turned it off and that fixed the issue !!! I am a little red in the face. BTW - My friend Michelle had recently applied to work at the local Apple store and was turned down :0(... She totally could be an Apple rep. She fixed my issue in a second. Thanks Michelle !!!

Ken

4S iTunes won't play next track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.