Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won't turn on. Please help.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and in need of help. My MacBook Pro 2007 15" model will not start up. I tried a lot of things I have found searching the site, safe mode, resets etc.. I eventually took it to the Genius Bar, the guy couldn't start it either and came to the conclusion of the logic board.

He advised to wipe the data on HD using target mode and sell it. I can't seem to access in target mode, I can see the HD then when I try to erase it disappears.

I have had to purchase another MacBook, I'd like to sell this one to try and make up the money I have had to spend on a new one, I really couldn't afford a new one so quite desperate to sell. Is there any way I can delete the HD to prepare it for sale as spares or repair. I'm scared someone could get hold of information.

Any help appreciated

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 6:53 AM

Remove the hard drive from your old Mac & put it in a powered external enclosure. Then use disk Utility, on your new Mac, to erase/format it & use it as a backup drive for your new Mac. Sell your old Mac, as is, for parts.

5 replies

MacBook Pro won't turn on. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.