Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want my iPad to rotate and I want my system sounds to work. How do I do that and why is it that I have to select either Lock Rotation or Mute ? I want to deselect both !

I want my iPad to rotate and I want my system sounds to work.

I can't seem to get both working at the same time.

I don't want to select Mute and I don't want to select Lock Rotation, but it seems like I have no choice.

I know I can click two times on the home button and that lets me open up the lock and change the sound.

But I can only change the sound if I select Lock Rotation.

And I can only unlock rotation if I select Mute.

That just doesn't make sense but that's how it works on my iPad.

I want to deselect both ! And I want to be able to rotate and hear the sound. Is that too much to ask for ?

iPad

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:28 AM

You can control both. The function that you select on that setting is controlled via the switch on the right-hand side of the iPad above the volume control, the other function via the left-hand end of the taskbar. If you don't rotation locked or notificatios muted then make sure that the switch above the volume control is 'off' (i.e. it doesn't show the orange dot) and that the icon at the far left of the taskbar isn't 'on' (i.e it hsan't got a line through it if controlling mute or a padlock if controlling rotation).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2012 7:28 AM in response to tr467

You can control both. The function that you select on that setting is controlled via the switch on the right-hand side of the iPad above the volume control, the other function via the left-hand end of the taskbar. If you don't rotation locked or notificatios muted then make sure that the switch above the volume control is 'off' (i.e. it doesn't show the orange dot) and that the icon at the far left of the taskbar isn't 'on' (i.e it hsan't got a line through it if controlling mute or a padlock if controlling rotation).

I want my iPad to rotate and I want my system sounds to work. How do I do that and why is it that I have to select either Lock Rotation or Mute ? I want to deselect both !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.