Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod shuffle 4th generation Problem

I used normally my iPod with the pc where i connected first time, but since that pc had broken now i try to connect it with my laptop, i got the newest version of iTunes but still not recognize my iPod. Why?

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 8:13 AM

8 replies

Sep 24, 2012 9:00 AM in response to alex.d2595

What have you tried so far in terms of troubleshooting this issue? Are you plugging the iPod into a high powered USB 2.0 port on the back of your PC? Have you seen this article?

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Not seen in iTunes

What happens if you try to reset the device with it still connected to the PC?

How to reset iPod

Have you carefully worked through each and every single suggestion in this Apple support document?

iPod not recognized in 'My Computer' and in iTunes for Windows

B-rock

Sep 25, 2012 9:12 AM in response to alex.d2595

Does the iPod appear anywhere in Device Manager? To access Device Manager, click the Start menu, right->click on Computer (or My Computer in Windows XP) and choose Manage. When the window comes up select Device Manager in the left hand pane if necessary.

See the iPod listed anywhere? You may need to expand different categories to see all the system devices. It might even be listed as unknown or under the USB Host Controllers as a Mass Storage Device.

It might help to unplug the Shuffle and then plug it back in and what the Device manager refresh to see if you notice any additional devices listed.

B-rock

Oct 22, 2013 7:05 AM in response to alex.d2595

I had the same problem with my Ipod in windows 8, and after a lot of reading and trying I solve the problem with an easy solution:
1. Download the following software: http://www.syncios.com/
2. Install syncios in your windows 8 pc or laptop
3. Open syncios, if a message appears saying you have to close Itunes, dismiss it.
4. Open Itunes, and it should recognized your Ipod now.

Note: You have to do this every time you need to conect your Ipod to the computer.

Good Luck everyone

iPod shuffle 4th generation Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.