Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Apps not installing

Received an iPhone 5 on Friday. I performed an iCloud restore from a recent backup. All apps that were part of the backup installed properly (eventually), however any new apps, as well as updates to existing apps, do not install. They all hang on "waiting".

Deleting the hung app and rebooting the phone does not solve the issue.

I also noticed that under iCloud, the phone was still sitting at "restoring" after 3 days. Cancelling the restore did not solve the issue either.

Thoughts?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 8:26 AM

15 replies

Sep 24, 2012 1:22 PM in response to jeff262

I had the same issue with my IPhone 5, the way I sorted it was to initially click "update all" in the update section of the app store then go on to each individual app on your home screen and click each app individually, one at a time.

Once 1 app has updated then click the next etc etc. Slightly long winded way but it worked for me. Otherwise the updates just seem to sit there idle doing nothing.

Sep 24, 2012 1:48 PM in response to jeff262

Just received my Iphone 5 today and I am having same issues!

My restore from iphone 4 went fine, everything was coolio. but as soon as I have tried to install / download new apps, they just sit saying "waiting" and never download.

I then have to connect phone to itunes, computer downloads apps then the computer transfers apps onto phone!

this cant be a server issue if the computer can download the apps no problem? or am i wrong?

Sep 24, 2012 2:03 PM in response to ProjectAudio

SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!

Right, firstly my phone was hanging on downloading podcasts that was slowing things down on the phone.

Then I tried to purchase a film and it said because I was using a diffrent device under my user ID it needed to verify my card details. (Specifically the last 3 digits on the back of my Card for security)

As soon as I did this, everything started to work again and it installed the free apps which were hanging before...!

Thats the good news!

The bad news is it looks like Apple will make some more money out of you as you wil need to purchase somthing from the store to get the verification message :-(

P.S I will hold no responsibility if this don't work for you. It did for me, but you may have a diffrent issue.

Sorry, need to cover my back... :)

Oct 1, 2012 9:16 PM in response to jeff262

So here's how to solve the problem of app "waiting" after you click install. First go to iTunes app on your iPhone. Go to More tab and check to see if you have any music being downloaded there. Chances are that you do. iCloud is causing all this problem of waiting because as you listen to your iTunes Match music they are being downloaded as well. Once all your music download you app will start to download and install. I had this problem for two days thinking I might need to restore my iPhone. Luckily I didn't. I hope this solves everybody else's problem with apps in "waiting".

Cheers!

Aug 12, 2013 2:31 AM in response to jeff262

Try doing this----It MIGHT just solve your problem, as it did mine.

I had apps which were purchased on my iPhone 5. I uninstalled several apps to free up some space a few days back. Suddenly, a few hours ago it wasn't letting me install some old purchased apps. It infact categorised many of these apps under the 'Not on this device' tab under Purchases. Then I realised as I had got a new debit card and cancelled the old one, the payment info was still linked to my cancelled debit card. So as a security measure I was not able to download the apps which now according to the payment terms 'belonged to someone else'. So I just went into the app store in my settings----->apple id------>payment info----->modified this.

Restarted the iPhone and voila, it linked back perfectly to my iCloud backup of purchases!!!

Hope this helps. 🙂

Sep 21, 2013 3:29 AM in response to rainblade

I had the same problem. I chatted to a 'Guru' and was told to hold the on / off button and the select button at the same time, ignoring the slide off function. When the apple logo appears, release both buttons and turn phone on. My pfone is now able to download apps. It just needed a 'soft re-boot'. I have not lost anything or had to change any settings after this.

iPhone 5 Apps not installing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.