Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP ME PLEASE!! Audio Problem!!

Hi. I have a 2011 Macbook pro 13". Im running lion.

I have used Lion for quite a while with NO audio issues.

My problem is that i get no audio when I have headphones plugged in. The internal speakers still work fine tho. All system preferences are correct although in "Audio/Midi" settings my "Master" is greyed out and on 0. I have tried resetting my PRAM and SMC. This is not a Red Light issue either. im completely stuck and in need to fix this ASAP!.

I know the headphones work thats def not the issue. When headphones are first plugged in you can hear the small static at the beginning.

Tried Rebooting, pretty much everything. I've run out of options...HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 9:49 AM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2012 10:01 AM in response to illbaz

I have a similar problem, and found discussions about it last month on this forum (sorry I cannot point you to them now). Consensus appears to be that it is a software glitch caused by upgrading to Mountain Lion. One user suggested some settings changes in the audio midi controls which seemed to work for some folks but that didn't solve my problem either.

HELP ME PLEASE!! Audio Problem!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.