Since I updated my iPhone 4S and iPad to iOS 6 I have encountered several problems:
1. I can receive and read emails but I can't send one using yahoo, gmail and hotmail. Tried the apple support solutions such as restarting the gadgets, changing wifi to 3G connection, deleting email accounts and adding them again but it did not work.
2. I can't open my yahoo messenger now though initially I can use it after the upgrade.
3. I have configured the iMessage in my iPhone to receive messages from all servers (yahoo, gmail & hotmail) and set my cellular network number as the default. In my iPad, same settings except the default is yahoo since I can only access wifi and no cellular network. But every time an imesaage is received, it goes both to my iPhone and iPad???
4. I cannot connect to iTunes store!! I updated my desktop iTunes but still I can't connect to iTunes in my iPad and iPhone.
5. Volume for both ipad and iphone are now low despite setting it to maximum levels. I can't hear the notifications most of the time.
6. When I used FaceTime to talk to a friend who decided not to upgrade her iOS yet, we are having the same problems with the volume and mike. Either it is too low or you can't hear anything at all. Internet connection is working fine since the video is working perfectly.
7. The battery of my iPad is now draining TOO FAST!!! I did not notice the same thing with my iPhone. I charged my iPad to 100% when I left home at 1 pm and 13 hours later my battery is only 34%!!! I used the ipad approximately 3 hours only TRYING TO SEND THOSE EMAILS, TROUBLESHOOTING THE VOLUME OF THE SPEAKER AND NOTIFICATIONS, OPENING YM AND BROWSING THE NET FOR SOLUTIONS!!!
8. Merged contacts are now separated!!
9. Invites were automatically sent to some of my contacts from viber, heywire and tango when I access them for the first time.
10. Youtube app is gone!??
I haven't used all the applications yet but I have this feeling that I have yet to encounter MORE problems once I do!
To Apple: why update your software without considering compatibility issues to other programs and affecting even the volume??? Since most of our installed applications are malfunctioning, what is the use of all these gadgets now??? You have caused me and thousand of others a lot of inconvenience especially in accessing and sending important emails to our contacts/work. I have shifted from android to apple for less than a year and I had to go to apple store 2 or 3x to have my ipad checked due to a lot of problems after using it for just 1 month until finally they replaced my unit with a new one only when I video recorded the problems since their engineers always claim that they did not encounter those problems during check up!!?? The replacement was even delayed due to shipping problems. Now, 2 days after upgrading to iOS 6 both my iPad and iPhone are malfunctioning!!!
I hope you can find solutions to these problems you technically created SOON.