Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone Locking while on Calls - iOS6

I've noticed a change in user experience when on active phone calls after upgrading to iOS6.

After my default 4 minute lock period, my iPhone is locking the screen while on a phone call. Thus, if a need arises to take any action, i.e. open another application or hang up, I must swipe to unlock and enter my 4 digit key.

Is there any way to maintain the default 4 minute lock setting while preventing a lock when on a phone call? I cannot seem to find anyone with similar experiences running iOS6 anecdotally.

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:14 AM

63 replies

Sep 24, 2012 8:07 PM in response to jdeluca81

I have noticed this as well. This is very annoying. I cannot put the call on hold or even hang up without swiping and entering my PIN unlock.

My company forces a 1-minute timeout before locking through our mobile device policy so my phone is becoming close to unusable. I was leaving a voicemail yesterday and I couldn't even hang up without having to unlock my phone.

I'm guessing we're going to have to hope and wait for Apple to release an update.

Sep 26, 2012 8:34 AM in response to jdeluca81

Glad it is not me either, on hands free in the car with the phone in the cradle it used to never lock. It still stays unlocked with Music, and my Audible App... But locks on calls.

Very annoying. I hope we can get an answer on this from an Apple representative. I presume it is not a new "feature" and more annoying that I cant downgrade now.....

T

Oct 2, 2012 1:09 AM in response to jdeluca81

Can't contribute much more to this but thought I'd add my voice as this is a very irritating "feature" or "bug" as I'd call it. Can't believe this has been added deliberately - it's ridiculous that when you're driving, that you have to enter your passcode to hang up your phone ! Also, when you end the call it doesn't return to the music app - it drops back to the home screen.

It would be nice to have somebody from apple reply to this post, if only to let us know they are aware of it !

Oct 2, 2012 2:33 AM in response to jdeluca81

I too have noticed this - I was looking to see if anyone had worked how to undo it... but obviously not. Like everyone else, I am replying to the thread to get Apple to pay attention. That and being able to easily mute whilst on the phone are the two biggest user experience misses for my iPhone.

Apple - please respond to your [currently] loyal customers.

Oct 3, 2012 10:32 AM in response to TrixsMom

TrixsMom wrote:

I've been watching this post as I have the same problem. Does an Apple rep usually address these concerns on this board?

No, Apple reps never address concerns on this forum. This is user-to-user only. The only Apple employees are the Hosts who are here to keep order and keep the place tidy.

I'd recommend you call Apple Technical Support and open a case. Or, go to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

Phone Locking while on Calls - iOS6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.