Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 with 4s Tethering Issue - WiFi Network Can't be Found

I have a 4s and after upgrading to iOS 6, I can turn on the Hotspot, and it works with Bluetooth and USB, but it doesn't seem to be broadcasting over wifi. I've trired multiple hard resets, resetting network settings, turning on and off Hotspot tons of times. But the netwrok still isn't being broadcast so I can't connect over WiFi from computers or any other devices. Anybody else out there experiencing this or have a solution?

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:30 AM

9 replies

Sep 24, 2012 5:17 PM in response to dbutlerman

I have completely the other problem with iphone 4 and IOS6. I cannot tether with a USB cable anymore or with bluetooth. Oddly I can only connect with WiFi. But i can connect to iTunes throught the USB. However, before i went up to IOS6 the previous iPhone OS wouldn't connect to the new iTunes.

Hmmmmmm!? sure it will al sort itself out wiht an update in a day or two.

Sep 27, 2012 9:02 PM in response to poddan

I think i may have that problem too -- if I log out of WiFi if i try to go back in the prompt for the password doesn't appear -- i then randomly turn on and off Iphone and mac network settings till it comes up -- I have not actually worked out what i do to initiate the prompt -- to confuse the issue it sometimes it logs straight in without entering the password

Oct 3, 2012 5:18 PM in response to dbutlerman

I am using the iphone 4 with the ipad2. I updated both of them to ios 6 and am having a similar issue. If I am connected to a wifi network but want to switch over to the iphone tethering I have to forget my network that I am connected to and then reboot the ipad to connect. This is RIDICULOUS APPLE!!! I've never had this issue in the past and now it's ongoing.

Get it straight! Why is it that every time you release an update it's full of bugs...for a company that brags on innovation...?

iOS 6 with 4s Tethering Issue - WiFi Network Can't be Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.