Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have recently moved my NAS (DROBO) to DAS (firewire) to improve speed. But now I can only read from the drobo but not save. I am not the owner in the system of the volume and cannot find how to change the permissions. Any ideas?

i I have recently moved my NAS (DROBO) to DAS (firewire) to improve speed. But now I can only read from the drobo but not save. I am not the owner in the system of the volume and cannot find how to change the permissions. Any ideas?

I have used disc utility from the OS and Cocktail both to no avil. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

DAve

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 12:06 PM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2012 9:39 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi

I have showed the information frlom finder below.

General Tab

Kind: Volume

Created: 19-92012

Modified: 21-8-2009

Format: (NTFS)

Capacity: 2.2TB

More Information

Nothing is show here

Name and Extension

Data

Preview

Shows a picture of the Drobo box

Sharing and Permissions:

You can only read

(there are no other boxes etc displayed in this section.

That is all that is displayed nothing else. Its drivining me crazy.

Thanks for helping

Dave

Hi I have recently moved my NAS (DROBO) to DAS (firewire) to improve speed. But now I can only read from the drobo but not save. I am not the owner in the system of the volume and cannot find how to change the permissions. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.