Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Soundtrack Pro 3.0.1 work with Mountain Lion?

Hi there,

I purchased my iMac (Lion 2.7 GHz i5) and Logic Studio Pro 9 at the same time, everything installed fine but Soundtrack Pro did not open with Lion.

Since updated to Mountain Lion and obviously still not working.

Is there anything I can do to get this working as it might be usefull in the future?

Should I try reinstalling Soundtrack Pro or the full Logic Studio?

Many thanks,

Karl.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.7 GHz 12GB RAM 1TB

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:00 PM

10 replies

Oct 1, 2012 10:47 PM in response to karlitofingers

Hi Karl:

my Compressor also did NOT install, when i got my Logic Pro9, but it's definitely in the package. you might notice it's offered as a separate App in the AppStore. i can only guess that they phased out the Compressor on DVD packs (included in Logic) and it's now as its own separate app.

let me know if you hear otherwise.

by the way, i did install my Soundtrack, as in the way you've described.. by Rt click & choose. unfortunately, my Soundtrack doesn't work. it closes immediately, as if it has an Auto-Force Close. does yours still work in Lion or Mountain Lion?

thanks,

marv...

Oct 2, 2012 9:47 PM in response to karlitofingers

Hi Karl:

seems i really can't answer your questions on Soundtrack and Compressor. i haven't really worked with either apps. as i understand Compressor, it's for compressing huge files of Video and/or audio (music). if you're planning on attaching/ sending your music files to other producers, or Logic Pro user, with whom you're working. if anyone else knows better about Compressor app (or Soundtrack) please chime in. thanks.

i'm currently working through lessons in Apple Pro Training Series book "LogicPro9 Advanced Music Production." there are lessons to complete & these help you to understand the internal workings of Logic Pro9 in Logic Studio. there's a lesson which involves Soundtrack Pro. obviously i can't complete that lesson because i cannot work with Soundtrack pro.

i'll look further into other alternatives for functions of Soundtrk, or Compressor.

marv...

Oct 10, 2012 9:21 PM in response to karlitofingers

karlitofingers wrote:

My STP seems to be working ok in Mountain lion yeah, although I've not actually used it properly yet, but it stays open at least. I think you're right about compressor aswell.

Do you know if I'll need compressor at some point after using soundtrack? Or are there other ways around it?

Karl.

hi Karl:

here's my follow up to your question "Do you know if I'll need compressor at some point after using soundtrack?" i'm not sure, since i don't really know what you'll be doing on your projects w/ LogicPro. but here's my suggestion which help you gain some insight.

go to support.apple.com/manuals/ ...find the .pdf manual for "Compressor 4" latest should be Jun2012. might be about 6MB. just read thru & see what features it does, & how certain steps can help you in your project. this ought to help you foresee if you'll need Compressor or just want it, in the future. Chap 12 seems to discussing Dolby digital professional outputs, Surrouand sound, & spatial mxing.

good luck,

marv...

Jul 30, 2013 8:50 AM in response to markdcouto

Hi Mark,

The initial problem was that Soundtrack pro installed but would not open. Follow the instructions in my second post....it's a while ago now so I can't remember exactly what to 'right click' and which 'packages' need installing.

I have since installed Logic Studio on my new Macbook Pro (10.8.4) and I can confirm that everything is running fine including Logic 9, Soundtrack Pro and Compressor. Compressor still doesn't work on my iMac though. I'm happy to switch between the two when needed.

I have a feeling that if I tried reinstaling my Logic Studio again on my iMac things would be sorted....but it may be more trouble than it's worth so I'm leaving it.

Hope you get it sorted!

Karl.

Does Soundtrack Pro 3.0.1 work with Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.