Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problem on iOS 6!

I have Beats Wireless, and since upgrading to iOS 6, has presented problems with the bluetooth connection. I was wondering if anyone has this problem and if Apple will make a new update to fix this problem.

Thank You.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:04 PM

14 replies

Sep 28, 2012 9:54 AM in response to fabricio.bastos

It may not be an Apple problem - it may be a common Bluetooth issue. I don't know how to reset the Beats product, but try resetting the Jabra Halo2 to see if it clears up the issue. To reset the Jabra Halo2, start by removing the Halo2 from the list of paired devices in the phone. Next, turn the Halo2 on (unfold it) and then press and hold the answer/end button for about 15 seconds - you'll see the blue light flash, then turn solid, finally it will turn off. Once it's off, the headset is reset.

You'll need to repeat the pairing procedure to pair it with the iPhone again, but I'd be interested in finding out if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Tom
Jabra

Oct 3, 2012 12:21 AM in response to fabricio.bastos

I've got a pair of Sony DR-BT21G bluetooth heaphones and have the same problems since upgraded my iphone 4S to iOS 6. Controllers don't work properly, more importantly there's a pause every 20-30 sec and after that music plays with slower speed for about 5 sec. This is extremely annoying. I even removed my heaphones from bluetooth devices and paired again. However, it didn't solve the problem. I haven't had any problem before with iOS 5.

iOS 6 suuuucks...

Oct 9, 2012 2:33 AM in response to fabricio.bastos

I have bluetooth problem with Creative Sound Blasteraxx SBX 20 when I upgraded iphone4, ipad2 and ipad3 to ios 6.

There seemed the bluetooth session is prone to some interruptions. The music stopped playing but the bluetooth session is inact. The sound blaster has blue led and iphone4 show " connected". I will to reset by turning off the bluetooth and reconnect again. Then only will the music from iphone4 is played at sound blasteraxx SBX20. I have to kept doing this again and again when the music stopped. This does not happen before the upgrade. I used Creative BT-D5 a bluetooth socket connector to iphone4 and paired it with Sound Blasteraxx SBX20. I played for hours without any session being lost. I have seen iphone wifi suddenly went from "connected" to " not connected" in iphone4 setting. Before upgrade the disconnection would never appear on its own. I suspect the ios bluetooth and wifi are prone to interruption and they cannot prrform automatically recovery. It needs manual reset to get bluetooth and wifi working.

Oct 16, 2012 11:04 AM in response to rtangch

Resetting Dr. Dre Wireless Beats with iPad

===============================

This is how I got my Dr. Dre Wireless beats to work with my iPad 3 (iOS6):

1. Turn On Bluetooth on the iPad

2. Remove Dr. Dre Wireless Beats from iPad's Bluetooth list ("Forget this Device")

3. Turn Off Bluetooth on the iPad

4. Completely turn Off the iPad

5. Turn On iPad

6. Reset Dr. Dre Wireless Beats:

a. Make sure Dr. Dre Wireless Beats is powered Off (Decending tones when pressing Multifunction button)

b. Press Multifunction button + (Volume -) for 8 seconds until flash blue and red 3 times

7. Turn On Bluetooth on the iPad

8. Turn on Dr. Dre Wireless Beats (Ascending tones when pressing Multifunction button)

9. Pair with iPad as normal

10. Test with the Music app

Oct 22, 2012 5:06 AM in response to fabricio.bastos

Definitely a problem with iOS 6's bluetooth profiles. My Jabra Halo (1) was working perfectly on my iPad 2 before and after the iOS 6 upgrade, the sound now has a 'delay' in it's playback. Listening to music is fine since there's nothing to be in synced to. But watching movies on my iPad with my bluetooth headset is too darn annoying! Totally out of sync! Plug in the Halo's wire to the iPad, and voila, back to normal.

And if you are wondering if resetting the pairing worked? Well, it didn't.

Nov 26, 2012 9:57 PM in response to fabricio.bastos

Im so freaking happy that I found out what's the problem. These wireless beats was about to drive me crazy. I had 5 pair of Beats in the last 2 weeks. And every pair is messing up. It connects good and when the music finally play through the headphones they sound amazing. But the music will stop half way through the song, as soon as I press play it'll play for a half of second than stop again. It'll come back on evenually then it'll stop once again. If I press the play/pause button it will slowing stop my song like its chopped up and distorted and then it'll stop. But when i had my iphone 4s ios5 it was working perfect. Now I have my iphone 5 it will not play for nothing. Before i found this forum i was riping and run all over Little Rock going from best buy to best buy driving me crazy becuase i really like these headphones. So now I just hope that apple fix this problem.

Dec 26, 2012 3:20 AM in response to fabricio.bastos

How to solve bluetooth problem for Dr Dre Beats

Clear Settings and Reset your Headphones

To clear the pairing settings from the headset, switch off the headset and press

and hold the multifunction and volume down keys (for over eight seconds) until

the red and blue indicator lights alternate three times. To reset the headset,

connect the headset to a charger and press both the multifunction and

volume up keys.

Get your Iphone and reset net-connections.

Turn on your headphones and try to make connection with your device and you will see the blue light flicker.

And that should solve it.

Bluetooth problem on iOS 6!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.