Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Problem/Recommended Keyboards?

Let me start off by saying that i have had problems with 4 keyboards; Apple Wireless Keyboard, Onn Wireless Keyboard, Logitech K120 and, Logitech K360. All of these keyboards have had some some of problem, at least in the long run. My first keyboard, obviously the Apple Wireless Keyboard that comes with in the box, was perfectly fine until the spacebar stopped working. I tried just about every solution to make it work, sadly, nothing resolved it. No big, i bought the Onn Keyboard as it was mac compatible. This keyboard was good but the only trouble i found was a delay in key presses, i've read on the internet it was the keyboard's problem. Basically the keyboard sucked so i threw it out. My 3rd Keyboard, the K120, is a wired keyboard. This keyboard lasted me for a long time. Eventually, some keys stopped working, Q, Z, X, are the few i can remember. Now my 4th keyboard, this one is sort of special. This keyboard had problems with the F, Q, U, keys. This keyboard came with problems right out of the box, me not realizing and throwing the receipt the 2nd day after purchase made me keep it and struggle with the problems. Whenever the left shift is pressed, there's a problem with typing a Shift F Q and U, for one f alone toggles the decimal key in the num pad, the q toggles backquote and u toggles f6. When holding shift, the shift key toggles the help key, and takes a lot for the keyboard to register shift F Q U, i literally have to bang it until it works. I've tried switching the usb port it comes from but that does no good. The keyboard works fine if unplugged and replugged, then after 30 seconds or so, starts bugging like described above. I've tried everything, keyremap4macbookpro to remap certain keys here and there to try and make the keyboard function properly. Turns out, the shift toggling the help key shouldn't interfere with shift F toggling. Now, the Logitech keyboards, aren't mac supported, i know this, i'd assume, because at how cheap they are, they'd be generic type keyboards. Sadly, the keyboards had been just a pain in the a**. I don't know if this is my computer hardware problems. As the usb ports work fine, with other things such as charging phones/ipods. Using a 3rd party usb hotspot and connecting other things. Also, some keys in the keyboard, that won't work, work using other keyboards. I'm scared to buy a expensive keyboard because I'm afraid of failure. My question is, is it the keyboards that are failing or my mac? If it's the keyboards, any inexpensive keyboards out there mac compatible?

TL;DR, on my previous 4 keyboards, certains keys stopped working. Blaming it on the keyboard's uncompatibility with Mac, what are some inexpensive keyboards for mac that are compatible?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:20 PM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2012 3:16 PM in response to RealMariMar

The problem with purchasing real cheap keyboards,,especially for use with Mac is that you get what you pay for.

What about the Apple wired aluminum keyboard?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB110LL/B/apple-keyboard-with-numeric-keypad?f node=56

Or

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H8194VC/A/moshi-luna-keyboard?fnode=56&p=1

Here are some makers of good, reliable Mac-compatible keyboards.

Kensington

Macally

Matias

Logitech makes a few Mac compatible keyboards.

I do not think Microsoft makes any more Mac-compatible keyboards any longer, but not sure on this.

They still make compatible mice, though.

Feb 27, 2013 7:40 AM in response to MichelPM

Quite a few Logitech kb's can be used with a Mac...after downloading the Logitech Control Center. For instance the K250 doesn't show as Mac-compatible, compared to the KM250. But it works using the LCC. And, I agree with MichelPM that you get what you pay for...but some are more expensive than others; like the links she provided. $50 or $100; choose your medicine.

None will last 10 years. Keep Dorito crumbs and liquids out of em and they should last at least 4 or 5 years....IMHO.

Your post was Sep, 2012. What'd you end up doing?

Keyboard Problem/Recommended Keyboards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.