Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My home IP cameras don't display on my new Iphone 5. They worked on Iphone 3. They use mjpeg format video.

My home IP cameras will not display on my new Iphone 5, either from their app or from safari. They worked fine on my Iphone 3gs which I traded in on the Iphone 5. They display mjpeg video format. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 6, Trendnet camera's mjpeg video forma

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 1:23 PM

10 replies

Nov 2, 2012 8:16 AM in response to DudeRick

Just wanted to chime in by saying this probably affects most server-push using the MIME type multipart/x-mixed-replace. The iOS 6 upgrade on my iPhone 4S killed my own web page serving security camera images. Exploring the web revealed the same problem with other MJPEG sites. I filed a bug report with Apple. Please do the same so that they feel some pressure to fix this ASAP.

Feb 6, 2013 11:10 AM in response to nukemac

Probably just continuing to talk to myself here, but I'm going to backtrack on that remark about iOS 6.1. I just upgraded to a new Mac Pro running 10.8.2 and experienced the same problem with my website. But another webcam site was working. So I fiddled around with my (php) mjpg code and finally it started working. And then I tested it on my iPhone and it worked there too! But that third-party webcam still doesn't work on my iPhone. Go figure. But it doesn't bother me now that my site is up again.

What worked in the end was to enure that the actual jpeg images are surrounded by two cr/lf pairs. The output is sort of like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 18:32:11 GMT

Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.3.15 mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8r

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.15

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: multipart/x-mixed-replace; boundary=--myboundary

--myboundary

Content-Type: image/jpeg

jpeg-frame-here

--myboundary

jpeg-frame-here

--myboundary

Oct 27, 2015 9:06 AM in response to gravadlax

Any updates on this? I have now found since updating my iphone 5 on ios 6, to ios 9, and mjpeg stream I play from my cameras will freeze after 5 seconds! It will not work for more than a few seconds on my iphone. I've tried 3 other iphones on ios9 and same thing. ANd I've tried 3 additional iphones on ios 6 and the stream never freezes! What gives?Even in the app i use EyeSee U, it stops after a few seconds!

My home IP cameras don't display on my new Iphone 5. They worked on Iphone 3. They use mjpeg format video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.