Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes refuse to eject a just burned CD

Using iTune 10.7 (although the problem has been in at least the last years worth of versions)

OS X 10.8.1 (but had the same problems back in non-mountain Lion)

I have checked all the prefs I can see and have NOT checked any that would require contacting the web for anything.

• "When [inserting] a CD: Show CD:"
  • UNCHECKED - "Automatically retrieve CD track names from Internet"
  • UNCHECKED - "Automatically download missing album artwork"

As a matter of fact, the only other checked boxes are the "Show content ratings in library" in the Parental prefs and a few choices in the "Show" section of the General prefs. Does the "Show content ratings..." apply to tracks created by the user?! I assumed (always dangerous, I know) that this was information included on pre-recorded CDs and was simply to show/hide the info when looking at the track info/listing. At any rate, the CDs are burned from tracks I create from a worship service. I can usually get the eject icon to work if I listen to the burner starting to make different noises... burning complete 'noises!' ;-) But If I delay more than a very few seconds, the eject function of iTunes simply ignores my request. I can wait a few minutes for whatever it is doing to finish and then eject. What I normally do is to simply Quit iTunes, click the eject icon of the CD in a Finder window and then click the "Yes. I really want to eject" dialog, then click the "Yes, do the 'Force eject!' dialog and finally click the "Do you realize you just ejected a CD?!" dialog. There must be a simpler, fewer clicks method!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 8 GB DDR3

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 3:30 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2012 8:50 AM in response to xairbusdriver

Removing Spotlight Indexing had no effect. 😟

Also changed prefs "When you insert a CD: Ask to Import CD" Of course, burning a CD and then having it displaed in the Devices area is not the same as Inserting one, so iTunes ignores this pref, it never asked me if I wanted to 'import" anything.

This is very irratating and I'm tired of having to do this every single time I use the app. Yep, the only reason I use the app is to burn a couple of CDs each week and the occasionlal iPhone backup. It may be time to look for a third-party CD burner... that "just works!"

Why does iTunes refuse to eject a just burned CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.