Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage at capacity

Received an email

Your iCloud storage will be reduced to 5 GB on 09/30/2012.

However, you are currently using more than 5 GB.

Unless you take action before your downgrade takes effect, backups to iCloud will stop, and apps will no longer be able to save documents to iCloud. You can either free up storage or cancel your downgrade to keep your current storage plan for another year.

To free up storage in your account:

Step 1:

On your iOS device, go to Settings and tap iCloud

Step 2:

Tap Storage & Backup

Step 3:

Tap Manage Storage and choose items you’d like to delete or stop backing up

For more information on managing your iCloud storage, please read this article.

To keep your current storage plan:

Step 1:

On your iOS device, go to Settings and tap iCloud

Step 2:

Tap Account

Step 3:

Tap your current plan, then choose Downgrade Options and follow the prompts

You can also cancel your downgrade from a Mac or PC.

When I try to upgrade to 10gigs it tells me I am downgrading. It's confusing when this shows I currently subscribe to 5 ggs.

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 5:39 PM

Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Change Storage Plan, tap Downgrade Options. There you indicate what to do when the plan cancels your extra storage. (Can add 10 GB to it.)

4 replies

Sep 24, 2012 6:20 PM in response to Dhervol

Technically you are at the higher plan until Sept. 30, so what you are doing is providing instructions for "downgrading", but you have this choice of 5GB or buying more (which is really upgrading from the upcoming 5GB). At least that's my take on it. I'm in the same boat. But use less than 5GB, so I won't be buying more storage come the 30th.

Storage at capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.