7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 2:34 PM by jamind
Left in the Dark waiting... Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

track pad has become less responsive

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MBP 17 2.8GHz
  • David from Maida Vale Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have exactly the same issue.  It works fine with a mouse, but always using a mouse is not the answer.

I have the Mac 2011 and have updated to the latest Mac OS.  Can anyone help - I have played with no settings and as always I am now out of Mac Guarantees.  Apart from this (and the battery not lasting anything like those quoted), I love the machine.

• OGELTHORPE Level 8 Level 8 (41,210 points)

Two items that may help: 

One is to inspect the battery that resides under neath it.  See if it has expanded and is interfering with the trackpad.

Two is a very thorough cleaning of the trackad.  Occasionally there is a build up on the surface that interferes with the trackpad operation.

If no success, make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar and have the technicians look at it.

I have cleaned it many times.  It is infact a macbook air 2011, no idea how to get at the battery.  It has worked great for 2 and a bit years.  Just cleaned it again and still not working better.  often works better if using 2 fingers, or sometimes even 3, but then odd things happen every now and them - guess as more than 1 finger is supposed to do other things.

Bit of a shame and beginning to wish I had my old Portege (Toshiba).

You have to take the bottom cover off in order to inspect the battery.  It requires a #00 Phillips driver.

But my screws are an odd 5 star shape, and yes very small - I see Apple store coming up, not that there are not a few near here,  Thnaks for your help.  D

Yes I missed the MBA.  That requires a pentalobe driver.  Bring it to an Apple store genius bar. They do have the correct tools to deal with your Mac.

• jamind Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

i have an issue with my track pad

some times the cursor moves on its own i have to drag it several times to bring it to a ceratin location and after couple of restarts its working ok!

its really frustating.

plz somebody suggest me how to fix this issue?

thank you.