Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

track pad issues

track pad has become less responsive

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MBP 17 2.8GHz

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:13 PM

7 replies

Aug 28, 2013 5:19 AM in response to Left in the Dark waiting...

I have exactly the same issue. It works fine with a mouse, but always using a mouse is not the answer.

I have the Mac 2011 and have updated to the latest Mac OS. Can anyone help - I have played with no settings and as always I am now out of Mac Guarantees. Apart from this (and the battery not lasting anything like those quoted), I love the machine.

Aug 28, 2013 6:30 AM in response to Left in the Dark waiting...

Two items that may help:

One is to inspect the battery that resides under neath it. See if it has expanded and is interfering with the trackpad.

Two is a very thorough cleaning of the trackad. Occasionally there is a build up on the surface that interferes with the trackpad operation.

If no success, make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar and have the technicians look at it.

Ciao.

Aug 28, 2013 6:42 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Hi,

I have cleaned it many times. It is infact a macbook air 2011, no idea how to get at the battery. It has worked great for 2 and a bit years. Just cleaned it again and still not working better. often works better if using 2 fingers, or sometimes even 3, but then odd things happen every now and them - guess as more than 1 finger is supposed to do other things.

Bit of a shame and beginning to wish I had my old Portege (Toshiba).

track pad issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.