Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i activate passbook?

i hv downloaded ios6, got Passbook icon but cannot really use it, it's just there...

iPhone 4, iOS 6, passbook icon shows but not effecti

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 7:58 PM

7 replies

Sep 24, 2012 8:16 PM in response to Ogaldo

If those are the only apps showing up then are the only ones available in your area/country. I am assuming you are out of the US because you do not have Target, Walgreens or Fandango. The four icons you see are part of an info screen that informs you what you can do with PassBook. The only link that works from there is the App store link.

Sep 27, 2012 7:24 AM in response to Ogaldo

I've downloaded a couple of apps too and don't see any change. I'm only guessing at this point, but reading this - perhaps Passbook is mostly just a glorified alert system - and won't look different until a timed event happens?

"passes appear on your Lock screen at the appropriate time and place — like when you reach the airport or walk into the store"

Sep 27, 2012 9:33 AM in response to flibbert

flibbert wrote:

perhaps Passbook is mostly just a glorified alert system - and won't look different until a timed event happens?

It will look different when you add passes/tickets from within the apps that support PassBook.

"passes appear on your Lock screen at the appropriate time and place — like when you reach the airport or walk into the store"

That will happen after you have added the passes.

how do i activate passbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.